Valuation of Machinery and equipment
The process of carrying out machinery and equipment valuations involves technical, technological and economic analysis of the asset as well as its potential to generate income.
The methods used in determining their value vary depending on the assets’ characteristics and type. Moreover, whether the asset is specialized or widely used carries great importance in deriving the final value.
TYPES OF VALUATIONS OF MACHINERY AND EQUIPMENT:
This group of valuations includes a wide variety of assets, the main ones being:
- Production equipment and processing lines
- Technological equipment
- Agricultural machinery and equipment
- Vehicles – automobiles, vans, trucks and lorries, buses, aircrafts, vessels, etc.
- Goods, inventories
PRICES AND DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR VALUATION OF MACHINERY AND EQUIPMENT
Prices are based on the type and quantity of property valued.
Main documents for valuation of machinery and equipment:
- excerpt from Fixed asset register
- purchase invoices
- technical specifications
- information and documents for repairs performed
- vehicle registration certificates
- others - depending on the specifics of the asset.